miércoles, 9 de octubre de 2013

Important books in my life

Last week, we have done an activity, called "reading map", in which we have to show in a drawing the books that we have read during all our lives. For example, I decided to do a kind of underground map in which each station was a book. In this map there was four different lines, the green line, in which there were there were books that I read in infant education; the brown line, for primary education; the blue one, for secondary and bachelor; and finally the red one for the university.

This activity have helped me to remember some books that I have read and I enjoyed them a lot. With this post I want you to know whichs ones were my favorite ones and why, and also, I want to recommend you some of these books.



The first book, is probably the book that I have enjoyed the most, because it was a book that, for me, was different than the other that I had read. It was different because it has adventure, emotion and even a little bit of fear. I am talking about "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets". Before that book I read the first part of the saga "Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone", and they are really different from my point of view and thats what I liked of this book. 






The second book that I remember is "Narnia Chronicles: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". This book tells the story of four orphans brothers that suddenly go into a parallel word called Narnia. In this word, always is winter because a witch domains it. The mision of these four brothers is to create an army with the help of a Lion, Aslan, to beat the witch and let the spring comes back to Narnia. This book is really fascinating and I´m sure that you will enjoy reading it. I recommend you.



The last book that I want to tell you I have read it recently, one or two months ago. The book is called "Inferno" and the writer is Dan Brown (maybe you know him because he has wroten books like "Da Vinci´s Code" or "Angels and Demons"). The main character of this novel is Robert Langdom, a proffesor of symbology and iconology in a university in the United States. The book begins when Robert wakes up in a hospital and doesn´t remember why is he there. He will have to discover what have happened and why some people are following him. But he is not alone, she will met Shiena Brooks, a doctor who works in the hospital where the story start. During the story he will discover that they had to avoid a global catastrophe and they don´t have a lot of time. And I don´t want to tell you more about this story, you have to read it if you want to discover what happens.



These are probable the three books that I choose among all the books that I have read during all my life and they have been important for me because, they have achieved that I read a little bit more. In fact, nowaday I am reading a very big book called "The fall of the Giants" and I am enjoying it a lot.

3 comentarios:

  1. I have enjoyed a lot reading your post because the three books that you have talked about are incredible ones!
    Additionally, I have to say that this activity is wonderful to be done for example with students from the last year of Primary Education, due to it is supposed that they have read a lot of books.
    However, it is not only a good activity because of the books that they have read, but it is right because children can develop their imagination trying to create their map according to something special of each book or something special for them in their experience as readers.
    Also, this activity is fantastic because is a crosscurricular one. Obviously it is directly related with the subject of Arts. These two subjects (Literature and Arts) are the most imaginative ones that children study along their lives, because reading is like painting: the end is as beautiful as you can see it.
    Finally, I would like to say you a tip: all of us, as a future literature teachers, have to give a good example of reading to our students, if we want them to read, because we are their example day by day, take it into account ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Great and interesting post. It is very useful to know new books to read, make our recommendations and start or advance about literature. The first book that you samples "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" is one of my favorite literature books, because when I was young I loved the adventure and the Harry Potter´s films. For the second book, I can say that I have not read, but I've seen the movie, and by what they say, they are very different. I hope to read it soon.
    Finally, I can make a recommendation about book series very entertaining and fun, which is "Manolito Gafotas". If you've not read it yet, I hope you read them.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Alberto, I'm very happy the reading map activity was helpful and interesting. It is important to know that books have to do with moments in our life. We decide to take them for one reason (sometimes we don't even know what it is). You're doing a great job.

    ResponderEliminar